Do any of these scenarios sound familiar?
- You’re planning a major network migration – to replace some old hardware or to move to a geo-redundant architecture – and would like some expert help to make sure everything goes smoothly.
- You want to deploy a new product or service (e.g. Hosted PBX) but don’t know where to start.
- You just lost your best CO tech and need some technical cover… and maybe even some help interviewing replacement candidates.
- You’re struggling to provide the quality of service your customers expect, and need a quality-czar to help your team identify the issues and fix them. For good.
- Your translations are a mess – hard to maintain and confusing to troubleshoot – and you need a way to manage them as your business scales and expands into new regions.
These are just a few examples of the kind of situations that would be a great fit for our skills and passions. If you need a little help from a Metaswitch expert, contact us.
We encourage new clients to go through our system audit process to get a baseline on the status of the Metaswitch products in your network so we can quickly spot potential risks and unnecessary expenditure.
Over the years, its been glaringly obvious to me that you are the guy we should be dealing with when talking about complex switching matters.
Network Services Manager – Cooperative Networks Services, LLC
If you’re planning a significant change to your network – whether connecting to a new tandem, migrating to a new switch, or expanding your geographic footprint – we offer a variety of migration planning services to help make sure you’re on the right path.
- Is this the right plan? If you already have a proposed direction, we’ll review your proposed network changes, discuss alternate options, and help you to make an informed decision about the best path to take in full knowledge of the various trade-offs.
- Plan the migration: This service builds on top of the previous option – developing a phase-by-phase plan for the migration process, which allows us to spot the potential risks, assess the likely timeline, and figure out how best to mitigate those risks.
- Get it done: For maximum confidence in the whole process we can oversee the whole project from start to finish, either as the project manager, or as hands-on implementation engineers.
Missing engineer: Mind the gap!
Sometimes a key employee leaves unexpectedly, and you find yourself short in resources and critical expertise for your Metaswitch equipment. Several of our clients first contacted us for exactly this reason.
If you find yourself in this situation, hiring an external consultant for a month or two can give you access to the expertise you need to keep your switch running smoothly. We find this role works particularly well when paired with a less-experienced on-site engineer – so we can act as an escalation point and as a mentor for your remaining team members.
If you find yourself in this situation let us know and we can set up a call.
“Andrew … understands the people aspect of our business and is very skilled in coming along side our existing staff and raising their skill level.”
Director of Sales & Service, ReInvent Telecom
Technical Help Desk
If you have intermittent needs for advice or assistance with gnarly trouble tickets, we offer an email-based help desk service where clients pre-purchase a block of hours and then send requests for assistance by email to our help desk system. These emails would then be handled by an engineer on our team with a maximum response time of 2 business days.
This service works best for small IOCs or CLECs who need occasional technical assistance on a budget.
The Lean Network: The 5 Whys of Trouble Tickets
In the Metaswitch Operations team we reduced the number of tickets raised against shipping quality by 80% over a 3 year period – and most of that improvement can be attributed to the way we used the “5 Whys” investigative approach to deeply understand and resolve each problem we encountered.
Custom Technical Services
If you have identified strategic technical projects that will grow your business, but don’t have spare experts on your team to implement your plans, we can provide the expert technical advice and hands-on assistance to enhance your network without the distractions of day-to-day operations.
Alternatively, if you need expert assistance to help with complicated trouble tickets or configuration issues, we can act as your escalation point to give you confidence that you have someone on your side who can investigate and resolve a problem – wherever it resides in your network. Whether you’re deploying Hosted PBX, your first SIP trunks, struggling with switch translations, or figuring out how to use the latest EAS features – we can help.
Forming a strategic plan for your business and executing on it is one of the most important and exciting challenges faced by any business leader. In our strategic planning service we will facilitate the whole process – from an understanding of your current position, to a vision of the future, and ultimately to a specific action plan to help your business thrive.