While our main business is providing technical expertise to our clients, we are beginning to put together a small stock of used Metaswitch hardware, for the convenience of our clients.
Our current stock of items available for sale is listed below, but there are a few caveats you should keep in mind when purchasing used hardware from us or anyone else.
- You are purchasing hardware only – no licenses. You need to have existing licenses from Metaswitch (or purchase new ones) in order to use this hardware. If you’re using something as a spare or a replacement that shouldn’t be an issue, but for expansion you’d need new licenses.
- If you would like this hardware to be supported by Metaswitch, you need to contact your account manager about Metaswitch’s re-certification service. They will charge you some percentage of the list price to test the hardware in their lab and then they will be willing to include it in your ongoing hardware maintenance contracts.
- If you’re purchasing SP4000 / SP4100 / SP4200 CPU cards (or the RSP4200 RTM) it’s particularly important to know whether the card is configured as a spare (in which case it’s safe to use) or not (in which case re-certification is required). See this article for more info. You will also need support ideally from Metaswitch themselves to perform the recovery bootstrap process.
Metaswitch hardware for sale
- PB3100 line card for a VP2510 with DS1 connections
- RPS3100 RTM for the PB3100
- SP4100 CPU card (not a spare, needs to be recertified)
- RSP4000 CPU card RTM (not a spare, needs to be recertified)
If you are interested to purchase any of these items please contact us for a quote.