– Danielle Hopper, Director of Network Engineering, Otelco
About Andrew Ward – CEO
Andrew spent 14 years at Metaswitch, and in the two halves of his career he developed a set of complementary skills that form the basis of our service offerings today.
- As a Metaswitch CSE and Support Manager he helped hundreds of service providers migrate from TDM to VoIP as he configured new products and services, and helped troubleshoot complex quality problems.
- As VP Operations he was introduced to Lean Manufacturing and used the principles to improve shipment quality by 80% while simultaneously increasing efficiency by 89%.
This combination of deep technical expertise (in TDM and VoIP), combined with the love for process-improvements and executive experience, creates a unique set of skills that we use to help service providers create a more perfect network.
If you’re interested to hear a little more about Andrew’s first attempt at starting a business after leaving Metaswitch, check out this excerpt from his presentation at the Metaswitch InTouch conference in Charlotte (May 2018).
– Tim Burris, Manager of Technologies and Business Development, RTC Communications
About Stephen Denny – Senior Technical Consultant
Stephen began his telecom career writing SS7 code. Since that time he has worked for a number of service providers and equipment vendors.
- Along the way he was a co-founder and CTO of a CLEC in Texas focusing on business phone service and built out a network using Metaswitch equipment. He was also co-owner of a Wireless Internet Service Provider and a dial-up Internet company in the early days of the Internet. He was a founding member of the North Texas Linux User Group.
- Stephen spent 11 years at Metaswitch in the support organization as a Customer Support Engineer and a Support Manager where he was engaged in both large and small service providers both in the USA and in Latin America and developed his hands-on expertise across their product line.
His wide experience in the industry gives him a perspective of both technical details and making things work to the practical side of business. He still loves getting his hands dirty doing real work in networks.
It’s this rare ability to offer strategic advice that’s based a rock-solid understanding of the technical consequences that sets us apart.